July 15, 2014
Registration details to follow
Missouri Department of Mental Health
Missouri Institute of Mental Health (MIMH), University of Missouri
Who should attend?
We invite providers from health, mental health, education, criminal justice, clergy, media,
survivors of suicide, and others with an interest in suicide to attend this great learning opportunity.
Call For Presentations
Click Here to Submit your Presentation.
– Learn strategies designed to change attitudes toward accessing care,
the acceptability of seeking help and the availability of seeking treatment.
– Better understand the relationship between community resources and clinical services.
– Learn skills and strategies to encourage help-seeking behaviors and access of appropriate treatment.
– Learn current evidence-based and best practice strategies for effective suicide prevention.
– Gain knowledge and skills to develop and implement suicide prevention, intervention and/or
postvention training programs for diverse populations and communities.
– Understand the dynamics of collaboration in advancing suicide prevention efforts
among community stakeholders.
– Learn protocols for follow-up (for ideation), after-care (for attempters) and supports (for survivors).
Capitol Plaza Hotel
415 West McCarty
Jefferson City, Missouri 65101
Participants may book a room at the rate of $79 per night, plus applicable taxes.
Please refer to the Suicide Prevention Conference.